Class of 2018 positions can provide you with the opportunity to make your voice heard and get involved.
Wed 9/17 5pm - Candidates Meeting
Wed 9/17 6p - 9/24 12p - Campaigning.
Wed 9/24 12p - 9/26 12p - Voting.
Wed 9/26 7p - Results Released, Retreat.
Mission StatementThe VSA shall serve, represent, and promote the interests and welfare of the students of Vassar College. It shall encourage student representation and involvement in college decision-making and shall strive to enhance the quality of life and education for the students of Vassar College. It shall represent the opinions of the student body, serving as a communications conduit to the Faculty, Administration, Trustees, Alumnae/i, the local community and beyond. The VSA shall also sponsor, support, and be responsible for student organizations.
Meet the Executive Board
Coming to Council
Council convenes every Sunday at 7pm. Anyone is welcome to attend.Frequently Asked Questions about going to Council »
Much of the VSA's work is done in various committees. These committees discuss various issues dealing with campus, student, and academic life. All meetings (except for Finance) are open to all students.
Student Life: TBD
- The VSA Council meeting is in Rocky 210 at 7 pm tonight. Hope to you you there! We'll be back in the CCMPR next week.
- Have space for a class? Consider taking Art 105/106, Intro to Art History! Follow their Instagram to connect w/ art! t.co/k5YknH5z6v
- Elections & Appts News: Filing for SoCos President and the Application for Raymond President have both opened! Info: t.co/yoX3oJfrNi.
- TASTY TUESDAY will begin on September 2nd! @miscellanynews @Vassar @ChrisRoellke @CappyHill @VCResLife
- @viceisnice Think about how you would become even more-so a part of Vassar's history. And it looks like you aren't THAT attached to twitter.
- @viceisnice Love! You could come to any ViCE concert for free this year!! Plus, you'll feel better knowing you're brightening ViCE's future!
LIBRARYMonday – Thursday: 8:30am – 12:00am
Friday: 8:30am – 10:00pm
Saturday: 9am – 10:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am – 12:00am
After Hours Space: Open Sunday-Thursday Only
BOOKSTOREMonday - Thursday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am – 3:30 pm
ATHLETIC & FITNESS CENTERMonday - Thursday: 6:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 6:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday-Sunday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
ACDCMonday - Friday: 7:00am - 3:30pm, 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
RETREATMonday – Friday: 8:30am – 11:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm – 11:00pm
POST OFFICEMonday - Friday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Saturday - Sunday: Closed
SHUTTLEVassar offers a free shuttle bus service into Poughkeepsie, operated by the Leprechaun Lines company during the Fall and Spring semesters.
More Information »
NEIGHBORSPoughkeepsie, the Arlington neighborhood, and Dutchess County are home to Vassar College. This is where our students spend four significant years of their lives. It's where our neighbors and employees live, work, raise families, and serve the community.
More Information »
FIELD WORKOffered by most departments for academic credit, field work enables students to examine the way the theories and the practical experiences of a particular discipline interact. It provides opportunities for observation and participation which are not ordinarily available in classwork. Depending on their academic interests, students undertake internships in a variety of organizations and agencies in the local community and other places.
More Information »
Today at Vassar
- Meet Watson Fellow alum Ethan Nguyen '06
9:00 PM to 10:00 PM - Main Building Faculty Parlor
- Indecent Exposure Fall Stand-up
9:00 PM to 10:30 PM - Sanders Classroom 212-Spitzer Auditorium Indecent Exposure's annual fall stand-up show.
- Faculty and Guest Recital. Danielle Farina, viola, Jeewon Park and Anthony Newman, piano.
8:00 PM to 10:00 PM - Skinner Hall Mary Anna Fox Martel Recital Hall An evening of music for viola and piano with works by Hummel, Newman, and Schumann.
- Philaletheis Directing Workshops
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM - Ely Hall AULA An informal night of student-directed short plays and scenes, presented by Philaletheis.
- Rugby (M) @ Siena College
5:30 PM to 7:30 PM - Away Away
- Exhibition Opening: Imperial Augsburg: Renaissance Prints and Drawings 1475-1540
5:30 PM to 7:00 PM - Taylor Hall 102-Auditorium Lecture by Freyda Spira, associate curator of drawings and prints, Metropolitan Museum of Art: “Imperial Augsburg: A Flourishing Market for Innovative Prints.” Reception at 6:45 in Art Center Atrium, with music of the German Renaissance by the St. John’s Recorder Ensemble.The city of Augsburg in southern Germany enjoyed a cultural golden age in the late fifteenth and early sixteenth centuries. Its artists created an astonishing range of work for the Habsburg court and the city's thriving market. The exhibition features prints, drawings, illustrated books, medals, and armor from Augsburg and addresses themes of religious devotion, moral conduct and everyday life, and art made for Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I. The exhibition was organized by the National Gallery of Art.
- Lacrosse (W) Practice (Event canceled)
5:15 PM to 7:00 PM - Prentiss Sports Complex Weinberg Turf Field All
- Rugby (M/W) Practice
5:00 PM to 7:00 PM - Outdoor Space Rugby Field at the Farm
- Screening:Winter's Bone
5:00 PM to 7:00 PM - Vogelstein Center for Drama and Film 109-Rosenwald Screen Room
- VISA Bonfire
5:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Outdoor Space Townhouse Circle Vassar International Students' Association (VISA) is holding their first event to start off the year; a bonfire including music and food!
- Volleyball @ Bard College/St. Lawrence University
4:00 PM to 10:00 PM - Away ANNANDALE-ON-HUDSON, NY