Elected to uphold the Governing Documents of the Association, the members of the Judicial Board work to adjudicate any disputes under the purview of the Association.
What We Do
Subject to the powers of the students and other limitations provided for in the Constitution, the Judicial Board has the power to:
- Be responsible for the adjudication of cases involving:
- The disputes between members or bodies of the Association regarding the constitutionality of any action or inaction by other members of bodies of the Association.
- The appeals of decisions by the Board of Elections and Appointments from members of the Association in the elections administered by the Board of Elections and Appointments.
- Subpoena any member of the Association or any material deemed necessary to foster a judicious adjudication by the Judicial Board.
- Populate standing and ad-hoc committees of the College.
- Ensure that members and actions of the Association are in compliance with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Association by judicial review.
Any student or body of the Association may file a case against:
- Any elected or appointed member of the VSA.
- Any student organization that is officially recognized by the VSA.
- Any officer of a student organization that is officially recognized by the VSA.
Who We Are
Assistant Justice, 2023
Assistant Justice, 2024
Associate Justice, 2025
To Be Elected
Assistant Justice, 2026
To Be Hired
|Date||Docket No.||Name||Authored By||Opinion Type||Link|
|09/26/2021||2||Alexis Reyes v. Ryan Mazurkiewicz||Chief Justice Pihlstrom||Judicial Board||View|
|10/31/2021||3||Kyla Putterman v. Board of Election Appointments||Chief Justice Pihlstrom||Judicial Board||View|
|11/14/2021||4, 5||Daniella Lorman and Clement Doucette v. Students for Justice in Palestine||Associate Justice Thompson||Judicial Board||View|
|01/21/2022||6, 7||Alexis Reyes v. Web Intern and Operations Committee||Chief Justice Pihlstrom||Judicial Board||View|
|02/21/2022||8||Cecilia Villaseñor v. Vassar College Sound System||Chief Justice Pihlstrom||Judicial Board||View|
|04/25/2022||9||Olivia Gross v. Board of Elections and Appointments||Chief Justice Pihlstrom||Judicial Board||View|